DOUBLE SIDED COOKERS
When speed is important, a double sided griddle or broiler can cut cooking time by as much as half. But that’s just one of many advantages offered by these versatile appliances. Faster cooking times seal in the moisture and flavor of foods and make more efficient use of kitchen floor space. Additionally, double sided cooking eliminates the need to turn products during cooking, saving labor time and cost. Sometimes known as clamshells, double sided cookers are a practical solution to the challenge of maintaining quality while increasing food production.
Want more information about our products?
- Hinged top and bottom sections.
- Top section swings down so that the food cooks from both sides at once.
- Double sided cookers are divided into two categories: contact and non-contact cookers.
> Contact cookers are double sided griddles in which both the top and bottom sections touch the food and cook via conductivity. A manual or automatic adjusting mechanism in the top section accommodates varying thicknesses of food.
> Non-contact cookers feature a griddle bottom section with an infrared overfired broiler on top. The broiler top section rests a few inches above the griddle surface, leaving a visible gap between the broiler and food.
> A third option is a double sided broiler which combines an overfired broiler on top of an underfired broiler bottom section.
• High-volume production of grilled foods
• Originally created for fast food chains to shorten cook times and increase hamburger production, double sided cookers are appropriate for any high-volume grilling needs.
- Single and double griddle “drawers”
- Separate, independently controlled griddle or charbroiler above standard double sided cooker
- Zoned cooking with 0 to 3 top sections (platens) and independent electronic temperature control
- Automatic turn on/off
- Grooved broiler plate
- Stainless steel heat deflectors and shields
- 24 inches to 36 inches wide
*Listed features offered by some, but not necessarily all vendors.
- Increases production and shortens cooking time – as much as 50%
- Saves on labor and energy costs
- Quicker customer response time
- No need to turn product during cooking
- Efficient, high temperature infrared heating seals in juices and flavors
- Flexible – use as a single or double sided cooker
- Requires less floor space
- 50,000 to 102,000 Btus
- Natural gas and LPG
- Lower ventilation requirement per output