The look and styling of deck/pizza ovens is as varied and interesting as the myriad of foods these ovens can bake. From old-world brick to sleek-and-modern stainless steel to a completely “open” display-style pizza oven, deck and pizza ovens can turn out perfect pizzas to mouthwatering meats with ease.
Want more information about our products?
- High-production ovens, usually containing two or more decks at heights appropriate to the foods to be cooked.
- Pans of food placed directly on the oven deck.
- Basic sizes included:
> Standard/full-size – high volume operations; insulated for efficiency and minimal kitchen heat gain
> Countertop – lower volume; ideal for mobile catering
> Vaulted Cavity – designed for front-of-the-house appearance; constructed of brick, stone, masonry or ceramic
> Motorized Convective – uses motorized blower system to control and force heat flow evenly throughout oven cavity; enhances energy efficiency and baking performance
> Turntable Deck – motorized, rotating hearth ensure even baking
> Pizza ovens – generally offer a greater range of sizes (18″ to 78″ wide x 22 to 45″ deep) compared to baking deck ovens (33″ to 42″ wide x 36 to 45″ deep)
- Stacking one to three units allows greater production than conventional ovens in less space
- More expensive models have separate burners and thermostat per deck
- 70,000 to 320,000 Btus
- Bake cookies, pies, cakes, bagels, Italian casseroles, Mexican plated dishes, potatoes and poultry, many red meats, seafood
- Primarily pizzerias, but the variety of foods that can be prepared in a deck/pizza oven is expanding the range of applications to include most food service establishments.
- Wood oven appearance with flames
- Ceramic, steel or stone hearth
- Custom design
- Heat distribution/balance control
- Viewing windows/doors
- Air curtain door
- Multiple access doors
- Rotating shelves
- Built-in ventilation system
*Listed features offered by some, but not necessarily all vendors.
- Natural gas and LPG and gas/wood combination
- 150 to 200 cfm per linear foot