Increasing the velocity of hot air increases heat transfer and shortens cook times. That’s the principle behind natural gas convection ovens and the reason why convection ovens can bake, roast or heat foods up to 25% faster than conventional ovens. Mechanical blowers circulate heat quickly and evenly resulting in faster cooking, lower energy costs and less overcooked or undercooked food. Cross-flow convection ovens, a technology advancement in gas convection ovens, incorporates catalytic airflow which improves equipment performance and product quality.
Looking to make a big kitchen appliance purchase?
See if a rebate is available at Energy Star's website
- Utilizes one or more burners and, rarely, infrared burner technology.
- Gas burner provides direct or indirect heat to oven cavity where one or more blowers circulate heat throughout compartment. Circulated air rapidly strips outer layer of cold air from surface of food.
- Full-size, half-size and stackable models.
- Baking or roasting meat or baked goods.
- A wide choice of sizes and the speed, efficiency and economy of convection ovens make them an excellent choice for any food service facility.
- Fast, low temperature roasting retains juices and offers higher yields per pound.
- More even heating and browning at rates 25% faster than conventional ovens.
- Cross-flow convection ovens incorporate catalytic airflow
> Enables oven to self-clean grease from cooking process
> Eliminates need to rotate pans midway during cooking
> Provides superior uniformity, less food waste and improved product quality
- Burner, airflow and rotating rack systems that ensure even heating and eliminate pan turning
- Infrared burner technology
- Steam injection system
- Cook and hold
- Two speed, two directional fans
- Digital time/temperature readout controls
- Electronic ignition
- Safety shut-off
- Interior lighting
- Thermal or tempered glass viewing windows
- Rapid cool-down controls
- Independently operated stainless steel doors
- Standard and deep depth
- 4 to 28 full-size pans
*Listed features offered by some, but not necessarily all vendors.
- 25,000 to 260,000 Btus
- Natural gas and LPG
- 150 to 200 cfm per linear foot