Bake and roast ovens are known for their ability to cook large volumes of a wide variety of food products with a high degree of product consistency.
These versatile ovens can bake, roast, even rethermalize prepared foods. Mini versions of the bake/roast oven and custom-designed options let any size commercial kitchen enjoy the benefits of a bake/roast oven.
Stone hearth ovens create a unique and wonderful flavor through their use of an open flame, the intense heat it generates, and direct contact between dough products and the hearth.
Looking to make a big kitchen appliance purchase?
See if a rebate is available at Energy Star's website
- Oven is stainless steel box with fixed racks or shelves
- Large ovens typically hold 20 to 40 pans
- Foods cook on pans placed in stainless steel or aluminum racks that may connect to a carousel mechanism
- Variations include:
> Single rack – one rack with multiple trays of food
> Double rack – one double rack or two single racks with multiple trays of food
> Mini-rotating rack – unmovable racks affixed to carousel mechanism into which pans of food are placed
> Rotating flow rack – larger version of mini-rotating rack
- Prepare a wide variety of foods including meat, poultry, seafood, and pizza, reheat precooked foods, or bake breads, rolls and pastries.
- High volume operations
- Some models suitable for front-of-house display cooking
- Rotating racks or shelves
- Control panel with memory buttons
- Self-contained, self-generating steam systems
- Viewing windows
- Multiple openings
- Internal spotlights
- Stone hearth
- Gas/wood combinations
- Zero clearance
- 16 to 40 pans
- Custom-designed shapes and sizes
*Listed features offered by some, but not necessarily all vendors.
- Full-size – 125,000 to 375,000 Btu/h
- Minis – 60,000 to 80,000 Btu/h
- Moist heat prolongs food shelf-life, minimizing waste and saving labor and food costs
- Uniform temperatures
- Lower operating costs
- Faster cooking times
- Superior cooking results
- Styles and sizes to fit every food service menu and facility
- Natural gas and LPG and gas/wood combination
- 150 to 200 cfm per linear foot