INTRODUCTION AND PURPOSE
New and improved appliances stimulate the life and growth of the food service industry. These benefits result from research and development to which engineers make their unique contribution. This award recognizes the results of those efforts and the foresight of the companies whose aggressive policies bring new foodservice natural gas appliances and products to the marketplace.
The purpose of the GFEN Blue Flame Award is to recognize the full spectrum of benefits that come from the development of new and improved appliances. These include added employment, economic development, strengthening of the nation’s competitive position and contribution to the public’s standard of living. Past recipients of this prestigious award are leaders in the foodservice industry and are unique in their commitment to excellence.
Any new or improved natural gas foodservice appliance may be entered. The product must be available for North American sale before the 2021 NRA show occurs.
The nomination form is on the next page. There is no entry fee for this award.
Nominations will be judged by GFEN’s technical committee.
The award will be presented Saturday, May, 22, 2021 at the NRA show in Chicago, IL by GFEN Members.
News releases by the Energy Solutions Center and its utility members, as well as coverage in foodservice newsletters and magazines will be used to promote the winning appliance and company. This year’s winner is featured on the GFEN website- www.gfen.com .
- Foodservice equipment manufacturers must submit entries to GFEN no later than January 29, 2021.Past winners are listed on: www.gfen.com/award.html.
- Equipment manufacturers may enter a separate form for each appliance nominated as long as the appliance meets the current criteria.
- New applicants that do not win the 2020 award will automatically be eligible for the 2021 award.
- The entry should include a detailed product description including: model number, features & benefits, photos, and a specification sheet. The appliance will be judged on the following criteria, please be as specific as possible.
- Supporting documentation should be submitted with each entry. This documentation becomes the property of GFEN and will not be returned.
Respond to every section above in a clear concise manner without unnecessarily elaborate brochures or other presentations beyond those sufficient to present a complete and effective response.
- Sales and Economic Impact 20%
- Innovative principles 40%
- Technology improvements 30%
- Submittal 10%
For Additional Information Contact:
400 North Capitol St. 4th Floor
Washington, DC 20001
E-mail: Tina Read
The Product of the Year Award is awarded to one appliance manufacturer typifying the best in new or improved gas technology. The Product of the Year Award recognizes outstanding technology & innovation in the Gas Foodservice Industry. With GFEN members located throughout North America, winning the GFEN Blue Flame Award effectively showcases your product and demonstrates how your company is leading commercial foodservice efforts in research, development and market acceptance.
Please e-mail the form with supporting documentation on your natural gas-fueled product: Photo(s) specification sheets, brochures, etc. to GFEN. Submit all entries to Tina Read at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail them to 400 North Capitol St., 4th Floor, Washington DC 20001 by the closing date.