Introduction and Purpose
New and improved appliances stimulate the life and growth of the food service industry. These benefits result from research and development to which engineers make their unique contribution. This award recognizes the results of those efforts and the foresight of the companies whose aggressive policies bring new foodservice natural gas appliances and products to the marketplace.
The purpose of the GFEN Blue Flame Award is to recognize the full spectrum of benefits that come from the development of new and improved appliances. These include added employment, economic development, strengthening of the nation’s competitive position and contribution to the public’s standard of living. Past recipients of this prestigious award are leaders in the foodservice industry and are unique in their commitment to excellence.
Any new or improved natural gas foodservice appliance may be entered. The product must be available for North American sale before the 2019 NAFEM show occurs.
The nomination form is on the next page. There is no entry fee for this award.
Nominations will be judged by GFEN’s technical committee.
The award will be presented at the 2019 NAFEM show, February 7-9, 2019, Orlando, FL.
News releases by the Energy Solutions Center and its utility members, as well as coverage in foodservice newsletters and magazines, will be used to promote the winning appliance and company. This year’s winner is featured on the GFEN website- www.gfen.com.
- Foodservice equipment manufacturers must submit entries to GFEN no later than December 21, 2018. Past winners are listed on: https://gfen.com/blue-flame-award/ .
- Equipment manufacturers may enter a separate form for each appliance nominated as long as the appliance meets the current criteria.
- New applicants that do not win the 2019 award will be automatically eligible for the 2020 award.
- The entry should include a detailed product description including: model number, features & benefits, photos, and a specification sheet. The appliance will be judged on the following criteria, please be as specific as possible.
Respond to every section above in a clear concise manner without unnecessarily elaborate brochures or other presentations beyond those sufficient to present a complete and effective response.
- Sales and Economic Impact 20%
- Innovative principles 40%
- Technology improvements 30%
- Submittal 10%