For maximum flexibility, combination ovens can’t be beat. Their strength lies in the ability to operate as a convection oven, a pressureless steamer, or in combination-all with one cooking appliance. Combi mode combines hot air and superheated steam to provide even faster cook times than convection alone. The pay-off? Increased meat product yield due to greater moisture retention and less shrinkage. Combination ovens are capable of producing high-quality results for almost any food type, from baked goods to meats to vegetables and can even be used to rethermalize cook/chill or vendor prepared foods.
• Available in half-size and full-size stackable models and large roll-in cart model, combination ovens are a blend of conventional, convection and steam heat technologies.
• As a convection oven, food is prepared using rapid circulation of hot air and dry heat.
• In steam mode, the oven functions as a fan-forced pressureless compartment steamer.
• Through the use of steam and convection, either independently or simultaneously, the oven provides moist heat and foods cook by superheated steam above 212°F.
• Convection mode is effective for short cook times and rapid browning such as hamburgers, steaks, baked goods and au gratin foods.
• Steam mode is often used for vegetables, seafood or to reheat prepared foods.
• Combination is typically the most commonly used mode and is ideal for large roasts, poultry, casseroles and baked goods requiring browned crust and a fluffy interior.
• Virtually any food service operation can benefit from the versatility and speed of a combination oven.
• Automatic and programmable controls
• Electronic diagnostic system
• Push-button steam injection
• Humidity control sensor
• Built-in cooking probe
• Automatic water system
• Automatic self cleaning
• Deliming indicator
• Automatic deliming
• Door stop safety feature
• Two-speed fan
• Full view glass doors
• Adjustable shelves
• Low temperature and finishing cooking cycles
• Lower operating cost
• Faster cooking
• Even heat distribution
• Precise temperature control
• Retains moisture and reduces shrinkage
• Delivers high production relative to space requirements
• High quality results for a wide range of food products
• Complements cook/chill system for reheating prepackaged foods
• Eliminates need for and problems of boiler for steam generation
• Easy to clean
• 45,500 to 443,000 Btus
• Natural gas and LPG
• 150 to 200 cfm per linear foot
*Listed features offered by some, but not necessarily all vendors.