Bake and roast ovens are known for their ability to cook large volumes of a wide variety of food products with a high degree of product consistency.
These versatile ovens can bake, roast, even rethermalize prepared foods. Mini versions of the bake/roast oven and custom-designed options let any size commercial kitchen enjoy the benefits of a bake/roast oven.
Stone hearth ovens create a unique and wonderful flavor through their use of an open flame, the intense heat it generates, and direct contact between dough products and the hearth.
• Oven is stainless steel box with fixed racks or shelves
• Large ovens typically hold 20 to 40 pans
• Foods cook on pans placed in stainless steel or aluminum racks that may connect to a carousel mechanism
• Variations include:
>> Single rack –one rack with multiple trays of food
>> Double rack –one double rack or two single racks with multiple trays of food
>> Mini-rotating rack – unmovable racks affixed to carousel mechanism into which pans of food are placed
>> Rotating flow rack – larger version of mini-rotating rack
• Prepare a wide variety of foods including meat, poultry, seafood, and pizza, reheat precooked foods, or bake breads, rolls and pastries.
• High volume operations
• Some models suitable for front-of-house display cooking
• Rotating racks or shelves
• Control panel with memory buttons
• Self-contained, self-generating steam systems
• Viewing windows
• Multiple openings
• Internal spotlights
• Stone hearth
• Gas/wood combinations
• Zero clearance
• 16 to 40 pans
• Custom-designed shapes and sizes
• Full-size – 125,000 to 375,000 Btu/h
• Minis – 60,000 to 80,000 Btu/h
• Moist heat prolongs food shelf-life, minimizing waste and saving labor and food costs
• Uniform temperatures
• Lower operating costs
• Faster cooking times
• Superior cooking results
• Styles and sizes to fit every food service menu and facility
• Natural gas and LPG and gas/wood combination
• 150 to 200 cfm per linear foot
*Listed features offered by some, but not necessarily all vendors.